Start of July 2021 now.
Removed the lower trim panels on the dash, only 3 out of 4 or 5 holes had screws, all 3 completely different of course!
Anyways, enough talk, more action. Time to get her back on the ramp and crack on with the body split checklist.
New toys from Amazon in the form of imperial impact sockets, 9mm hex for the rollcage (still haven’t used this right enough) and AF brake fitting spanner.
Now the jacking points on the Elan are at the ends of the sills. I have no reason to doubt their integrity on this car but they are a bit known for the metal lattice inside corroding. So, since I can make it work getting the pads on the backbone of the chassis, I decided that was preferable.
Exhaust clamp was the lowest part under the car, not guilty on this destruction, was like that when I got there!
Think I have identified why the fitting on the fuel tank was seeping…
Rear carb needs the studs removed as they foul on the footwell structure when lifting the body. The checklist said rearmost 2 but I decided to remove all 4 to be safe as the front ones were also going clash, suspect the list was authored for Weber/Dellorto equipped cars which has a different manifold casting on the head.
At the time this picture was taken, some divot had just dropped a nut down an intake runner.
This brings us up to 9th July.