Took the cars out to get some miles on them before testing this weekend. Admitted a new member to Team Rollcage
Busy shift tonight so only got a couple of pics of the first exhaust we’ve had made up
2.25in stainless, mandrel bends, straight through silencer. Obviously it’s upside down but you get the idea.
Loom for Sara is now complete and taped, dash support installed, heater matrix installed and dash cradle in place. Dash loom test connected for power up hopefully tomorrow.
It’s all well and good building the lightest racecar you can, but it’s a pointless exercise if there’s a pork pie in the drivers seat.
At the start of December I recognised things weren’t in great shape. Creating 92kg put me 8kg heavier than the start of the 2013 season. More to the point, it’s 13kg / 2 stone heavier than when I started my new job 3 years ago.
Got a kick start in December with a stomach virus decimating me for a few days, now I’ve got past the Christmas and New Years’ bulge we’re back on track.
2014 season opener, driver’s dry weight shall be 76kg…